Registration fee: $150
Retest, per part: $40
Study guide and CD: $35
We accept checks, money orders, school district purchase orders and credit cards.
Steps to Register for Testing
- Fill out the Online Prueba de Español Registration Form. Forms submitted without payment will not be processed. Your seat for your chosen test is not guaranteed until your payment is received by the Office of Planning, Analysis and Governmental Relations/Prueba Testing.
Prueba de Español Online Registration Form
- Send your payment with the appropriate fees by check, money order or school purchase order by the registration deadline of your chosen test date to:
Office of Planning, Analysis and Governmental Relations/Prueba Testing
ENMU Station 2
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Additional Prueba Contact Information
|Las Cruces, New Mexico.||November 9, 2019|
|Albuquerque, New Mexico.||December 7, 2019|
Your admission letter will be emailed to the email address given on your registration form one week prior to your test date (if your registration was received by the registration deadline). If you did not provide an email address, the admission letter will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the mailing address listed on your registration form one week prior to your test date (if your registration was received by the registration deadline).
- If you do not receive your admission letter one week prior to your test, please call Planning and Analysis/Prueba Testing to confirm your registration, 575.562.2315.
- Please note it is your responsibility to open your correspondence to check your admission letter and confirm your test date.
You must present your photo ID with your name and signature at the time you are admitted for the test. You will not be allowed to test without it.
Test Date Change
- $125 of the full test fee will be refunded to examinees who give two weeks or more notice.
- Examinees who give less than two weeks cancellation notice will be refunded $100 of the full test fee.
- Retakes will be refunded $25 of the $40 test fee with two weeks or more notice.
- Retakes will be refunded $20 of the $40 test fee with less than two weeks notice.
- No exceptions to the above refund policy.
Test results will be sent to you approximately eight weeks after you take your test, via email. You may print as many copies as you like, and you can request an additional score report to be sent via email.
A traditional/standard Spanish/English dictionary will be provided for you to use during the exam.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of accommodations or services in order to take Prueba, please contact Prueba Testing, 575.562.2315.
For appeals related specifically to the Spanish competency test Prueba, the following procedures will be followed. Address the complaint to the vice President for Planning, Analysis and Governmental Relations.
- The complaint should contain the name and address of the person(s) filing it, and a brief description of the alleged complaint. It should be filed with the director within 10 working days from the date of the alleged complaint.
- An investigation conducted by the vice president, as may be appropriate, shall follow the filing of a complaint. The investigation shall be informal but thorough, and it should afford all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, shall be issued by the director and forwarded to the complainant no later than 20 workdays after the filing.
- The vice president shall maintain the files and records relating to the complaints for a period of three years. Test booklets and response audio files used in the administration of Prueba will be maintained in a secure location for the period of one year. At the end of one year, the test booklets will be shredded and the audio erased.
- The complainant can request a reconsideration of the case in instances of dissatisfaction with the resolution. The request for reconsideration should be made to the New Mexico Public Education Department within 10 working days of the resolution of the complaint.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed shall not be impaired by nor shall the use of this procedure be a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
- These rules shall be constructed to protect the substantive rights of interested persons, and to meet appropriate due process standards.
- Test takers will have one year from the date they took the exam in which to file a complaint, any complaint filed after that date will not be accepted.
For More Information
Office of Planning, Analysis and Governmental Relations
ENMU Station 2
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130